Sunday, October 10, 2010

My New Food Challenge

So my roommates and I decided we are going to try a different countries food once a month (maybe less depending on budgets and free time). This past Thursday Oct 7th we went for Indian. Two out of my 3 roommates had tried India before but Kristyn and I were newbies. We went to a restaurant in Dupont Circle in Washington DC (since that’s where I live) called Heritage India. It was so much fun! We each got two tapas (spanish i know…a bit confused at first) and then split them in fours so we could try everything. Such a good idea! That way we got to try so many different plates for under $30 bucks. Being college graduate students we are on a strict budget. We also had a bottle of wine and they surprisingly had nothing from India. Now I don’t know if India produces wine but I figured they might have one wine on the menu from India. We were mistaken so we stuck to Italian wine because you can’t really go wrong. Afterwards we had our picture taken with the Buddha and got Krispy Kreme for dessert. Always a good way to end the evening.
I would definitely have Indian food again. Some could be a bit spicy but definitely not overwhelming. I would also definitely recommend Heritage India. Really great service and a very cool environment, but I would expect nothing less from Dupont. 

No comments:

Post a Comment